Date(s) - Feb 4, 2017
10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Child Care Options CCRR
Add to My Calendar
I have recently returned to working in a preschool, and found superhero play is something educators are struggling with. A question I often hear is “should we allow it?” And I believe we should, when we combine superhero play with the characteristics of kindness and caring and with negotiation and problem-solving skills; we can help develop their social and emotional development. All children have a right to play. This includes superhero play, sometimes weapon play and shocking themes like shooting storm troopers!
The aim of my workshop is to facilitate a discussion on superhero play. I want to connect and share with everyone my experience and hope to
open a forum to discuss and share all of our ideas. Knowledge is power, and I hope after completing this workshop you will have a clear idea on
how to deal with superhero play.
– Understand what children mean when they use superhero play
– Discuss possible ways to manage and guide this type of play
– Investigate the possibilities that superhero play can bring to the center
– Explore policies/guiding and caring philosophies we have on superhero play
– Review current research on superhero play
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
There will be a 1/2 hour lunch break; please bring a bag lunch.