Responsible Adult In Child Care Settings Course
Date(s) - Aug 2, 2018 - Aug 28, 2018
6:45 pm - 9:15 pm
Add to My Calendar
8 Tuesday and Thursday sessions from August 2 to 28, 2018 (Aug 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23 & 28)
This course was developed by Westcoast to meet the requirements for 20 hours “Responsible Adult” training as stipulated by the Child Care Regulation. Through interactive sessions, it covers basic concepts about child development from birth to 12 years of age, child guidance, health, safety and nutrition and programming.
Participants must be at least 19 years old to register, attend all sessions and pass all open book quizzes with a satisfactory mark in order to receive a certificate of completion, and have Grade 8 English written and oral skills (or equivalent) to participate during class.
- School Age Group Child Care (licensed).
- Occasional Child Care (licensed).
- As a replacement or a substitute/casual on call for Early Childhood Education Assistants in licensed group child care centres or preschools.
- Casual family drop-in programs, family child care assistants or other related positions.
- For more information read the Child Care Licensing Regulation at: www.health.gov.bc.ca/ccf/child_care.html
Note: This is a non-credit course (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Administration and Communication
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Curriculum/Program Development
- Early Care and Education
- Family Support
- Kindergarten Transitions
- Professional Ethics & Practice
Suitable for people looking to start working in the field of Early Childhood Education in occasional licensed child care, school age group child care, in casual family drop-in programs, as family child care assistants or other related positions. It is not meant for people who hold an ECE certificate to practice or need to renew an ECE Assistant certificate, since it is a very basic course.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-709-5661 ext. 221
19 years of age or older at the time of registration and has Grade 8 English or equivalent written and oral skills.
Bring a 2-inch binder for your course materials.
Christine is an experienced facilitator on a wide variety of courses and professional development training for Early Childhood Educators, Family Child Care Providers and School Age Workers. She has over 25 years’ experience working with families and children in a variety of contexts. Currently she works with the North Shore Child Care Resource & Referral Program as a Child Care Support and Outreach Consultant in North Vancouver, BC.
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre