Bringing the Inside Out and the Outside In
Date(s) - Aug 9, 2017
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Add to My Calendar
Get ready to be part of an outdoor play revolution! Let’s get together and review outdoor play and how we can bring the inside out and the outside in! Participants will consider time, space and materials, and the roles early learning educators’ exhibit to encourage children to experience play in a meaningful way. Using loose parts in the outdoor and indoor play space and setting up invitations to play that provoke children’s thinking and ideas.
- To discover that you can easily connect the outdoor to the indoor
- Understand the importance of being outside for longer periods of time
- Be inspired to create beautiful environments outside and inside
- Invite curiosity and discovery both inside and outside
- To encourage bringing children outside, to connect with nature and promote the benefits of being outside.
- Better understand the importance of free play both indoor and outside
- Review David Sobels seven design principles that can be used to shape outdoor experience that are offered to children.
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Curriculum/Program Development
- Early Care and Education
- Professional Ethics & Practice
- Professional Networking
Suitable for child care providers of children 2 years of age and up.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
$18 members, $22 non-members
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-931-3400 Ext., 0
Sarah has a Bachelor of Science in Education and Training, a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Montessori (0-12 years) and a certificate for Children with Special needs. Sarah has been in the educational field for over 15 years. She has taught in Reggio preschools, Play -based centers, Montessori schools, and was an Early Childhood Coordinator and Instructor for Sprott Shaw College.